Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ada's Quilt



Ada's Quilt


Little Ada arrived in March and I have finally managed to finish her quilt. Ada is the new baby daughter of Ema and Chris who live in the US.

The quilt is made from a variety of fabrics. The base fabrics are black and white patchwork fabrics which have been hand appliqued with stunning circles of silk fabric taken from girls' kimono. I took Martha Birch's advice and chose a bright yellow border. The border fabric is a cotton yukata, #8373 from the KimoYes website and I finished it with a backing and binding in one of my favourite Japanese cotton patchwork fabrics from Addicted To Fabric in Canberra. Canberrans are very lucky to have such a wonderful supply of patchwork fabrics at a2f. I'm very happy with the result and am always pleased to be able to successfully combine vintage and modern fabrics.

Martha, I'll be sending you some of the lovely yellow yukata fabric in thanks for your excellent suggestion!



No comments: