Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Meisen Quilt

Scrappy Creation




I made this meisen silk quilt several years ago. It's not my favourite quilt, but at the time I was keen to "show off" some of my favourite pieces. It is machine quilted and my intention was always to hand quilt some of the flowers and other shapes.  I occasionally look at it and make plans to get out the quilting cotton but  I guess unless you absolutely love a quilt it is always easy to find other, more interesting projects. Some time soon I'll get out my other meisen scraps and have another go! I love the vibrant colours, large patterns and subtle sheen of these silks and I also like quilts with lots of different fabrics, but it is difficult to come up with a design that accommodates all three factors. Any suggestions?

You can find other meisen silk fabrics by performing a fabric search on the kimoyes website.



No comments: